February 21, 2011

If you are single, read this.

Steven Furtick is a pastor at a church that has blossomed incredibly over the past few years. He is an incredible man, and the things that comes out of his mouth always amaze me. In fact, I believe that those words are not his own, and that they are coming from the Lord.


Today he wrote a blog post about his advice to single people. Hello, very exact thing I need right now. It blew my mind. Here are a few quotes from it:


"Happiness is not finding the right person. It’s being the right person." Amen! This is something that I often pray. That the person that I'm going to marry is growing to be the perfect husband for me, and that I am growing to become his perfect wife.


"If two half people get together and they’re not complete in Christ, they don’t make a whole person. " Loooove it! 


And last but not least:
"A lot of single people make lists of what they want in the person they’re looking for. That’s fine. Just make sure that if the person you’re looking for had the same list, they’d find you."


Anybody else's minds blown? I'm tellin ya: This man just gets it. To read the entire post, go here and to find out more about Elevation Church go here.


This will be me someday. Okay maybe not that dress...
via

Photobucket

No comments: