I want to get married. I want a family. I want a career. But I want to stay home with my kids. I want a house that I can decorate however I want. I want to dress my kids in cute clothes. I want to leave love notes for my hubby.
I could go on.
But I won't. Because it's so easy to get caught up in the future. I know I'm not the only one. Any of you ever sit around and just day dream about the future? I hope I'm not alone in this. Sometimes when I'm thinking about my "Thankful List," I want to say things like "I'm thankful for my future husband." Uh, yeah.
Not that that's not something to be thankful for. It totally is! I know God has a plan for me and I sure do hope that includes marriage. So yeah, I am thankful for the man that the Lord is preparing for me.
But you know what else?
I'm also thankful for a season of singleness. I'm thankful that I can travel. And hang out at my mom's house for weekends at a time. Heck, I'm thankful I can sleep in on the weekends (if I'm lucky). Someday I won't be able to do these things. I'll have way more responsibility than I can even wrap my head around right now. So here is my Thankful-For-in-This-Very-Minute-List:
1. I'm thankful that it's 10:35pm and I'm sitting on my bed, computer in lap, cat at my feet.
2. I'm thankful that I'm blessed with more than I could ever say "thank you" enough for.
3. I'm thankful that I'm in school getting educated and that every rude thing a professor says, every bad grade, every tear I cry is preparing me to be the best teacher I can be.
4. I'm thankful that my friend was able to visit me this weekend and I was able to spend time with her.
5. I'm thankful for my free time that I like to pretend I don't have any of, but really am lucky that I have any at all.