February 1, 2012

Blog Buddies

Oh, hey, it's been a while. Thanks to Kara over at The Snugly Duckling, I finally have a reason to post again!  She's asked me to participate in this Blog Buddies survey. Enjoy!
 
The rules:
1. You must post these rules.
2. Each person must post 11 things about themselves on their blog.
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post and create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.

11 Things about ME:
1. I put this post off for almost a week because I'm a stinky blogger.
2. My middle name is Whiting, and I love it. It's a family name that my mom, cousin, uncle, and I all share. I'm hoping I have a son first so I can name him Matthew Whiting.
3. Speaking of future children. I want 4. And I have all of their names picked out: Matthew, Eleanor, Bennett, and Abigail.
4. Speaking of children... (are we noticing a theme here?)...my mom's friend just moved in with my mom. And she brought her kids. She has twins. 2 year old. Girls. TWIN 2 YEAR OLD GIRLS. They're the sisters I always wanted and I love them! Their names are Jamie and Kimberly. I wish I had a good picture of them, but for now this will do..

Taking a wittle nap :)
 5. I'm a junior in college. And I often get mistaken for being a high schooler. That's a real confidence boost.
6. I'm currently watching Lemonade Mouth on Netflix. Yeah...
7. My favorite Bible verse is Isaiah 26:3, it is the inspiration for my tattoo and for this blog.
8. I lead a small group on campus with InterVarsity Christian Fellowship. My small group is about 10 freshman women, and it has really taught me how to put my trust in the Lord and not try to take control of everything (and boy can that be hard to do!)
9. I really love photography. I'm nowhere near professional, but I sure do have fun with it!
10. I've always had short hair, but in the past couple years, I've grown it out really long. Right now it's longer than it's ever been! It's really pretty, but I'm desperatly wanting to cut it short again. But part of me wants to have long hair for when I get married (and only God knows when that'll happen!) So it might stay long for a few more years. Check out my hair debacle here.
11. I'd probably say that I'm happier right now than I ever have been. And I've got God to thank for that! Seriously, once you put in some real effort, He changes your life around. Now I'm just waiting for Him to answer some promises He's made me ;)


Questions from Kara:

1. What is the scariest or craziest thing you've lived through? Last year, my friend had a seizure during InterVarsity, and I had no idea what to do! I called campus police and they put me on hold (um, excuse me?!) Everything turned out fine, but I was completely freaked out.
2. What is your favorite restaurant and your favorite thing to order there? This is a tough one. I wouldn't say I really have a favorite restaurant. But near my school we have a take out hibachi place and I get chicken hibachi. It's cheap and delicious!
3. What is your favorite hobby (outside of crafting)? I'd say photography. I get lost in taking pictures. I could take hundreds of them and not even realize! I also love hanging out with kids. Yes I do consider hanging out with kids a hobby haha.
4. Any allergies? I'm allergic to honeydew? So random.
5. What did you want to be when you were young? Has it changed since then? When I was 3 I wanted to be a firetruck (yes you read that right.), when I was 6 I wanted to be a doctor, and when I was 8 I made the decision to be a teacher and that has been my driving passion ever since.
6. If you could choose any country to live in what would it be? bah, um..maybe England or Australia, where the accents are sexy.
7. What is your favorite book? Not fair, Kara! I can't pick. When I was in second grade, the Junie B Jones books made me love reading, so that was exciting for me. And now I read all the time. Right now I'm reading Bossypants by Tina Fey. Next on my list is Bloom by Kelle Hampton. But that doesn't come out until April, so I'll have to find a few others before then. Any recommendations?
8. What's the last impulse buy you made? Ha, well I've been wearing the same ugly jeans for the past 3 years, so I finally went out and bought 2 pairs of pants at Delias. They fit me well and I feel good in them, but they cost me my first born.
9. Who is your role model? My go-to answer for this is Miss Lee, my second grade teacher. But my mom is up there too. She's an amazing person and I look up to her more than anyone else. I hope that I come across as loving and compassionate as she is.
10. Tell me about your pets. Names, kinds, color, everything! Lily is my baby. She's a 13 year old cat that I got for my 7th birthday. There's also Max and Oliver, my mom's dogs. And Abel who came with Kathy and the twins.
11. What is the one song you can dance to no matter what? Put on a song and I WILL dance to it.

My Questions for YOU!
1. What is your favorite food?
2. Boyfriend? Husband? Kids?
3. What is your typical day like?
4. What is (or was) your favorite subject in school?
5. What's your favorite color?
6. Favorite artist?
7. What are you favorite pair of shoes that you own?
8. What is the best vacation you've ever been on?
9. If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would you be?
10. Have you always lived where you live now?
11. What's your favorite TV show?

Tagging...
 
Have a great day!  <3

3 comments:

morgan. said...

"Put on a song and I WILL dance to it" -- hahaha, girl we'd be great friends.

thanks for the tag, i'll definitely have to use this when i feel like procrastinating from homework!

you still have a chance at the giveaway if you want to enter :) and also, i would still LOVE to be penpals.

Kara Renee said...

Yay! I didn't know about the twins! I kept seeing pictures on facebook but didn't know who they were. That's so exciting!

Mere said...

So I am posting my post tomorrow morning!!! FINALLY! haha. Thanks for tagging me! And sorry I didn't write 11 questions and pass it on :/