November 25, 2010

Thankful Thursday

Happy Thanksgiving, Everyone! I hope each and every one of you had a day as great as mine. I've got to admit, I wasn't too excited for Thanksgiving at first. My grandparents came to town. I love them, of course, but let's get serious. Having family come into town is always a little stressful. But it's been amazing! As I've gotten older, I've found that it's easier to relate to my grandparents. I'm not the most talkative person. I like listening to other people's conversations, especially the people that I love. It was awesome to just sit and listen to my family talk today.

A nice little story I'd like to share with you guys: Today my grandpa went outside to fix our living room window that had broken. And I just sat and watched him. I've always loved this guy, but as I get older, I love him more and more. As I sat there watching him, I felt like a little kid again. He would ask me to get things or hold things, and I felt like Grandpa's Little Helper. It was a great feeling, and really made me appreciate him.

Drew and Grampa- some awesome guys :)
Our Thanksgiving Table


Mom and Grandma Cooking

The sweet potatoes I made. They were delicious- I'm so proud :)


Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!
Look for more Thankful Thursday blog entrees. Just because it's not Thanksgiving doesn't mean
we don't have anything to be thankful for :)

1 comment:

Sandy a la Mode said...

happy thanksgiving!!! ohhhh those sweet potatoes look soo good!! we actually didn't have any at our thanksgiving meal, but we did have some delicious mashed ones!!