March 23, 2014

What a Weekend!

After a terribly long week at work, some down time was much needed this weekend. I didn't get much though, because there was way more fun stuff to do!

My sweet boyfriend came down this weekend for a visit. Little did he know, he was coming down for a fun surprise! A few months ago, Carson mentioned that one of his favorite comedians was coming to Charlotte and he really wanted to go. However, the tickets ended up being kind of expensive, so we decided we'd skip it. After a few days, I knew he was disappointed to miss it, so I decided to buy the tickets anyway and surprise him. I ended up buying a third, too, so my brother could join us and they could bond some :)

(This is one of those situations where in any other part of my life, with any other guy, I would have been like "HECK NO I'm not buying those tickets! Isn't he supposed to be the one surprising me?" But this was so fun. I think it was just as much- if not more- fun for me to have this fun secret and surprise him.)

It was so hard to keep the secret from him! Friday night we went to dinner with my friend Jillian and her fiancĂ©, Paul. We had a great time laughing and eating awesome food at Pinky's in Charlotte. 

Definitely one of my favorite pictures of us!


On Saturday afternoon we headed to the park for a picnic with one of my best friends, Kristen, and her fiancĂ©/one of my other best friends, Madison. I hid the tickets for the show in Carson's sandwich. (Not IN his sandwich, but around the wrapper). I was so excited for him to open it. 

He was very surprised and so happy we were going to see his favorite comedian. He immediately texted a few of his friends to tell them we'd be there. 

The three of us headed to dinner where I saw long lost friend, Linda, then we were off to the show!


On our way!
The show was fabulous! We were all laughing so hard, and we ran into so many people we knew. I loved sitting in between my two best boys knowing they were happy and having fun. 

It's always hard saying goodbye, but it's only a few more weeks until he's back in Charlotte- for Jillian and Paul's wedding!

Now the weekend is winding down and I'm preparing myself for this next week of work. Next weekend I'll be heading off to Raleigh for one of Kristen's bridal showers! What a fun stage of life :)

Have a great week, everyone!

No comments: