Yesterday was one of those days.
Not in a bad way. But in a, "I think I'll remember this day forever" kind of way.
Not that it was anything super special, either.
I spent the day with my mom- running errands, but not accomplishing anything, really.
Then we went house hunting. She's moving into a smaller house, since my brother and I are moved out.
However, I'm moving back in with her after I graduate to save up some money- so I still feel like I have a say in the house-picking. :)
Anyway, that was fun. We went to one house that we both love. The backyard is seriously an oasis. But I don't want to jinx it. If she decides it's "the one," I'll be sure the write about its magic.
I had so many thoughts yesterday.
Thoughts about my future life.
I've never been one to realllllly want a husband.
To me, men are more trouble than they're worth.
But I do want to get married.
Because I want KIDS.
(and a little part of my hopes that someday some guy will prove to me that it's all worth it, we'll fall in love, and live happily ever after)
The other day at church, my pastor was talking about what our priorities should be:
And within "family," your marriage should come before your kids. Although deep down I've always known that, it was kind of a shocker to me. And then he said, "The greatest investment you can give to your kids is a good marriage." And I almost cried. It's so true, and I haven't been able to get it off my mind since.
You hear that, future husband? You and I are going to have a BALLER marriage for our kids. So we can teach them and be strong for them and invest in them.
Food for thought, am I right?
Anyway, before this post gets too long, here are my 5 thankfuls for yesterday. (Another post coming up tonight, for my faithful readers ;)
1. My future husband- I know you're out there. I'm waiting patiently.
2. Songs with great lyrics that make you think.
3. God's favor in not-so-good situations
4. Much needed self reflection
5. Coming home to presents from my roommates/best friends. K got me a cat shaped bottle of wine- pretty much the coolest thing ever. And L bought me a cat coffee mug! Do they know me well or what? I'm so thankful for these girls (always am, but especially so lately).
That's all from me for now.